Easy and Simple Recipe Way to Make Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun is one of the highly favorite sweets of us Indians. Now with an easy homemade Gulab Jamun Recipe, you too can create a delicious sweet dish with the given list of ingredients and that too of different types.
Generally, Gulab Jamun has two main or base ingredients. One is milk/milk powder, and the other is khoya, where khoya is a reduced and thickened form of milk. The difference between the two types of gulab jamun is that khoya adds a richer flavor to gulab jamun.
List of Gulab Jamun Ingredients
Listed below are the gulab jamun ingredients that are part of an easy and simple homemade gulab jamun recipe:
- Milk powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Yogurt or lemon juice
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- Rose water
Simple and Easy Gulab Jamun Recipe
- A simple and easy gulab jamun recipe begins with a simple collection of milk powder, flour, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Following it, add ghee and yogurt and mix the mixture until a dough is formed. Lemon juice can also be used instead of yogurt.
- Keep on adding milk, like, until the dough becomes soft and pliable, i.e., flexible and elastic.
- Now is the time to roll the dough into small balls.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a deep pan over medium or low flame.
- Fry the gulab jamuns in the oil until the balls turn golden brown in color.
- Remove the gulab jamuns from the pan and remove excess oil by placing them on oil paper or paper towels.
- Take another pan and mix sugar, water, and cardamom pods.
- Boil the mixture on a low flame.
- Simmer the syrup for 10 minutes or until the consistency becomes thick.
- Now, add the fried gulab jamun balls into the syrup and simmer them for 15 minutes.
- Once they are completely soaked, remove them, and they are now ready to be served hot or cold as per your choice.
Tips for Different Types of Gulab Jamun Sweets/Recipes
In order to make any type of gulab jamun, changes are to be made to the dough or the syrup. For example,
- For a richer flavor, you can use khoya instead of milk powder.
- For making softer gulab jamuns, the balls should be soaked in the syrup for almost an hour before serving.
- A few drops of vanilla or almond extract can be added to the dough to give a different flavor.
- For making chocolate gulab jamuns, add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to the dough.
- To provide a fruity flavor, chopped fruits like mangoes, strawberries, or pineapples can be added to the syrup.
The gulab jamuns can be served simply as they are or can be garnished with moderately crushed nuts and served with whipped cream or, to make it more extravaganza, with ice cream.
Having learned the simple and easy way to make gulab jamun using the simple recipe, make your own delicious gulab jamun at home and let us know your experience. To know more about such wonderful and tasty recipes, visit Vindoos – Stop and Eat.